All businesses invariably have a product testing wing in place to ensure that their products are free from defects. They send the product to a few prospective customers who review the product before a full-fledged launch.
While the customers test the product, they continue using it for a while and as a part of the deal, they write a review based on their test result, which the company in turn will publish on their website during the official launch of their product. In result there are some companies that provides free products such as cosmetic companies as a girl you might want to try them first for free cosmetic products!
Off late, due to blogging gaining prominence, companies have also involved popular bloggers to test their products and review it on their blog, so that the company is able to advertise their product without much cost, while the blogger also finds it beneficial as they get access to the product before the market launch. To further expand this you might want to read this article to be knowledgeable about this.
Sometimes, the blogger is given a monetary compensation as well best part of it might have the actual products for free.
Steps to Become a Product Tester
To become a successful product tester, there are two ways in which you can do it.
- Get registered as a panelist on survey sites and provide all your details. The marketing or Survey Company will get in touch with you when they find you appropriate to test a product.
- There is no cost involved in registering yourself as a panelist and it can be done in the matter of a few clicks. However, it might also be months before you get your first product to test. Also, due to lesser men signing up as product testers, there is a fair chance that they will receive more products for testing.
- There is another long term solution available to become a product tester. However, for this, you will need to have a popular blog or a page which has a high number of followers. If this is the case, advertisers will reach out to you and ask you to test and review their products on your blog, so that readers will be able to know about it.
- Social media such as Twitter and Facebook are the most go into when posting reviews as it will serve as an advertisement for the product through you.
- However, the company might contact you only if your blog is related to the product they are planning to launch. If you are blogging about parenthood, companies that manufacture baby products might ask you to review their products.
- Furthermore blogging is not the only way to have product testing, there are other means of product testing and they are all elaborated in here.
- Also, they will provide you with financial compensation for doing this, while you will also get to keep the product. If the company finds your review to be helpful, they might also come back for more in the long run.
You can also earn by participating in product testing as a part of a focus group. Focus groups are limited to a few people who are usually 15-20 people that are given a product and are asked to use it for a while. The participants will start using the product for a while and after the specified testing time; they return the product along with an elaborate review about the product.
The sessions of focus groups whenever they meet range from 1-2 hours and the time usually increases with every meet as they continue to discuss about the product. Once the testing period is over, the participants are paid for their reviews. Make sure that you check out for the compensation before you get involved in a focus group.
Researching always helps
Irrespective of the type of product tester you are, you definitely have to carry out considerable research if you wish to succeed. Most of the companies are genuine and they constantly seek for genuine people as well.
Hence, if you are planning to scam them or give them inappropriate reviews, they will not get back to you for other reviews. Spend some time on the product given to you so that you will have a good reputation in product testing.